Monday, December 8, 2008

Christmas Craft Shows

One of the best places to look for really great and unique gifts for anyone on your Christmas list is definitely at a craft show. If you're like me, (and if you're reading this, chances are you probably agree with this!) handmade items can be so much better than then generic "I need to give this person a gift, so I'll just grab this thing" type of present. If you're someone who doesn't give gifts to every person who you say hello to and instead only give to family and close friends, then why not really show those people how much you care about them with something handmade? I love making gifts for the people on my list. Although, there is always those people that you have to get something for that don't really appreciate the time or thought that goes into these gifts.

Anyhow, this past weekend, I was a vendor at a local Christmas craft show. I did this show last Decemeber and was pretty excited for this year's show. I always like doing local craft shows around where I live. You get to know a lot of the other crafty people who participate and even get to know some of the repeat customers. I like having people I know who may not be familiar with my crafts, get to see what I really do and how much time I put into it.

The show went very well and was a fun time getting to see everyone. The building the show was in used to be an old bank, so it looked really nice. However, the ceilings were very high and the heat wasn't really working, so it was quite cold. But aside, from that it was a good show. Kinsey and I were able to take a little time during the show to pick up a few things.

Here's some sauces we got for a local company. We ended up getting a mustard based barbecue sauce, a mild sauce, and a spicy sauce. It even came in this little carrying bag.




We also got some Christmas postcards, too. Not your usual happy holidays type of cards, huh? We ended up getting seven different cards.






This was the last show of the year for us, so it's kind of a nice feeling to have a little break. Now I can focus on getting on those gifts made!

~Beth

No comments: