Thursday, July 31, 2008

The high sea and ships...

As I've mentioned before, I've really been into images of old ships lately. Prints, figures, pins, pendants, anything that has a nice ship on. The other day on Etsy, I found this beautiful wooden ship bookends for sale by the seller ponyparty:



Sadly, I didn't buy them and they quickly sold. However, the other day I went into this vintage housewares store around where I live. I'd never been in before, but it seemed pretty nice from the outside. The store turned out to be very good and full of interesting stuff. Most of the things in there had kind of a distressed country home feel. (I'm not sure if that makes any sense, but that's what I'm going with!) Old needlepoints framed, tons of old china, fun chandeliers, old apothecary jars, and tons of other things. The very first thing I saw in the store was these:






Ship bookends! I obviously decided to snatch them up after missing out on the wooden ones. These are made from plaster and are slightly chipped along some points and have a few small sections that are glued back on. However, I love them and was pretty excitied to find them. I'm not sure where to put them yet. If you have any idea of how many books Kinsey and I have, you'll already know that they will not be used as bookends!

I'll leave you with a ship card we have in the shop. Have a good week!

No comments: