Tuesday, June 5, 2012

the ultimate woodsman...

Meet the latest plush fellow in the shop.  

The Lumberjack! 


Likes: flannel shirts, sharp axes, hot (very hot) coffee, watching the sun come up, and the smell of wood
Dislikes: rusty axes, cold coffee, uncomfortable shoes, soggy sandwiches, and hornets
I've been playing with the idea for this plush for a while and recently came across some sketches I made earlier in the year for this outdoors man.  I discovered the red/black plaid fabric in a mystery box of fabric I have in my closet that still has not been probably unpacked from our move almost 3 years ago.  The box mainly contains plaids and thicker fabrics I often don't work with much.  Needless to say, when I came across this swatch of fabric I knew it was time to finally make the lumberjack a reality.  
Now all he needs is a plush axe!



No comments: