Monday, October 13, 2008

Newest Crafts and my Birthday!

Today is my birthday and lucky for me, it also happened to be a Monday, which meant I was free to craft for most of the day. I look forward to Mondays all week long because it gives me a good chance to work on new craft ideas and get caught up with craft related things. This morning I worked on some new felt pins and finished a few fall inspired clutches. Here's two finished products from my craft birthday morning.

Newest Craft #1:
Lately, I've been really into old, wire birdcages. I've always been a lover of flea markets and antique stores, and have often seen birdcages, but never really gave them a second thought. I epecially have been interested in the simple, but really old, almost dilapidated looking ones. The different shapes and gauge of the wires and the finished form is all really interesting to me. I've been sketching and looking at different vintages birdcages online a lot and got inspiration for this pin:



It's completely handsewn and embroidered and features a birdcage with the door open and a line swooping out, symbolizing that the bird has flew out. I have a lot of ideas for different variations of this design, so hopefully I can get some more done soon. Here's a closer shot of the embroidery:



Newest Craft #2
Now that it's October, fall is really starting to become apparent all around. As I'm writing this, I'm looking out a window to a huge orange and yellow maple tree. Who doesn't love seeing the trees change colors? I've been getting tons of inspiration just by looking outside my living room window lately and seeing the trees changing. I've also been playing around with different fabric combinations and colors that remind me of fall. This is the newest clutch I made with a fall inspired feel. I'm calling it "October Tree on a Hill" clutch.



I'll be posting a few items today and then some more tomorrow. I still have no internet connection at my apartment, so I'm relying heavily on the library to do my listings for Etsy and such. The only days that new listings will occur is on Monday, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays. Obviously, though usually not on all those days every week! Hope you like this little sneak peak of new items! Have a good fall Monday!

~Beth

No comments: