Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Black Bear, Black Bear...

This is probably one of my favorite images I've done. Lately, I've become really interested in bears. More so from a visual aspect. I stumbled across a headboard someone had created with a stained piece of wood and a painted bear face. This embroidered art was inspired from that headboard.



I've been playing around with different images and this one is my favorite so far. I'm in the process of designing one which is just a bear's face. I'm hoping to embroidered it in a warm brown color, instead of the black I used for the full body bear. I'm sadly almost out of this wonderful light woodgrain fabric. I picked it up about a year ago at my local thrift store for a mere .99 cents. I know there's a lot of other woodgrain prints out there, but I haven't found one I like quite as much!

No comments: