Wednesday, February 10, 2010

A snowy day baking bread...and crafting.

Yesterday, it began snowing (again) in the afternoon. The previous night Kinsey got the sudden urge to bake bread, so the snowy afternoon provided the perfect setting to try out a loaf. After much time spent rising, and resting, and kneading, and resting, and rising, and finally baking.....this was the final product.


Here's a picture of the nice cross section.



Mmmmmmm.....The bread went great with my corn/tomato/black bean soup I made.

So, today was, much to our delight another snow day. Unlike before, the snow kept falling for most of the day. Until about 4 or so, which left just enough daylight to shovel out the car and sidewalk. I measured just about a foot of snow. This of course is on TOP of the 18.5 inches we had just on Saturday. This morning was a very productive day for me as far as crafting goes. I'm in the process of working on some very new (and possibly some of my favorite things ever!) designs. I got about 3 done and just love them. I'm not ready to quite share them yet....maybe I'll post a picture soon! They're really unlike things I've done before. However, they were inspired by a painting/collage I did for my high school art show when I was senior. I've been playing around with this for a while and finally reached a really good point. That's all I can really say about it now.
Anyway, I'm exhausted from shoveling snow again, but here's a few pictures from today's snow storm.


This was what it looked like when we woke up in the morning....and actually what it looked like for most of the day! Can you believe it? More snow?


Here we go again...


Kinsey wanted to see who deep the almost 30 inches of combined snowfall was.


I was peer pressured in following of course. Here's me just taking a break and relaxing in the mound of white around me. These all were of course after we did all our shoveling!

No comments: